As a newly hired Brewer-Porch staff member, you’ll need to do several things before and shortly after your first day on the job:
- Learn your Campus Wide Identification (CWID) number.
- Contact Renee Bell (205) 554-3337 or TaKeshia Merriweather (205) 554-1105 at the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) to set up an appointment to have your fingerprints taken. Do not make your appointment during the week of the Brewer-Porch Children’s Center (BPCC) New Employee Orientation. Don’t forget the paperwork. You’ll receive a letter from DHR confirming that you had your fingerprints taken; give this letter to the BPCC receptionist.
- Attend the BPCC Orientation, which will begin on your hire date, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Be sure you sign in and out each day. This is where your work time will be documented until you are able to clock in and out using the electronic time clocks.
- About 10 days from your hire date, go to the Transit Hub on the University of Alabama campus. Take the letter given to you at processing to get your Action Card (commonly called ACT Card) and name tag.
- If you are a new residential staff member, complete 24 hours of observation after you complete the BPCC New Employee Orientation. Contact your supervisor to schedule this observation. Full-time employees can do this during their regular work shifts. For each time period spent in observation, present your observation documentation sheet to the mental health worker II or the most senior mental health worker I to complete.
- About 10 days after your hire date, log on to myBama.ua.edu and click on “Create your password (new users).” You will need your CWID listed above. You will also need a passcode from the UA Office of Information Technology (OIT), which can be obtained by calling (205) 348-5555. This is where you will access your pay information, request time off (benefits-eligible employees), and access the electronic timekeeping system.
- Full-time and part-time benefits-eligible staff must attend the first two days of the UA New Employee Orientation within 30 days of their hire date. (This is not required for contingent on-call staff.) Register for UA Orientation at myBama.ua.edu. You must attend UA orientation within 30 days in order to sign up for benefits. See the benefits website at http://hr.ua.edu/benefits for information regarding documentation requirements for your dependents.
- Complete online mandatory compliance training. You will receive email to your myBama email address notifying you of this training and providing a link to the website. This online training must be completed within 30 days of your hire date. This training should be done while on the clock at BPCC.
- All full-time and part-time staff will serve a six-month probationary period. You will receive a probationary evaluation during your sixth month of employment.
- You will be paid for the UA Orientation, BPCC Orientation, and Mandatory Compliance Training, so please be sure this is reflected accurately in the eTime system.
If you have any questions, contact Sheri Laycock at (205) 348-9357 or email@example.com. You may also talk to your supervisor/timekeeper.